Aldi - Christmas Favourites
This year Aldi has an amazing Three Bird Roast for only £9.99 !
Phil Vickery Recipe Idea (from Aldi Website):
Three Bird Roast Glaze with Sweet and Sour Marmalade and Glazed Parsnips
“My glaze coats joints really well and cooks to a beautiful deep golden colour” says Phil
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: none, only on roast.
From your local Aldi
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Three Bird Roast
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp squeezy honey
4 cloves garlic, finely crushed
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Cook the Three Bird Roast from frozen as per the instructions.
3. Next place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
4. At the 1 hour 15 minute mark, remove the bird from the oven and take off the foil.
5. Pour off any juices and keep them for the gravy.
6. Spoon half the glaze over the roast and return to the oven.
7. Cook for 20 minutes, re-coating the bird twice with the glaze that runs off.
8. After 20 minutes, add the rest of the glaze and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, re-coating twice.
9. You’ll see the glaze darkening each time you spoon over.
10. Remove from the oven and leave to rest uncovered for 10 minutes. This sets the glaze and makes the roast easy to carve.
11. Slice and serve.
Phil Vickery’s Top Tips
Easy to make up the day before, this glaze will be fine in the fridge. The more you glaze the joint, the more golden the end result will be.
There are more tips and videos about Aldi's Three Bird Roast on Aldi's website. Phil Vickery hosts the adverts and makes the food look succulent, I always wonder though where Fern is and if the little girl who looks round the door is really their child?
Video link: http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/service/16651.htm
Three Bird Roast, 1.5kg, £9.99
Please see www.aldi.co.uk for more details.