22 Apr 2011

Curvaceous Beauties Shambles Not Sexy


Curvaceous Beauties - Never Again!

I am a plus-size, so to buy nice underwear and sexy nightwear I find it quite hard to find clothing that either fits properly or actually looks nice.

On the Internet I stumbled across Curvaceous Beauties a plus size lingerie and sexy nightwear store ... bingo! I thought and placed an order.

I placed my order online and paid £37.93 via Paypal for ....
1 x Suspender Chemise - Plus Size -  £29.99
1 x Sexy Sheer Stockings - Colour: Black - £4.99
P&P £2.95

Then sat and waited patiently for my order to arrive ... I was actually quite excited as I haven't treated myself (or Andy!) to some sexy undies for well... urm ... ever!

Anyhow - my order came and I was very disappointed.  For a plus-size garment it was poor fabric, yes it fit around my middle but the cup sizes were very very small (there was no way that my big bazookas were going to fit in them).  So I repackaged the dress without even having to open the stockings packet and put them both back into the postal bag to be returned.

Here is where the fun starts!

You have to have a 'code' to return items.  I emailed twice for a code and telephoned - it is always an answerphone but at this point I didn't leave a message.
My emails didn't get a reply for over 10 days! by this time I had already returned the package with my order number and copy of the emails inside.

Basically you have to contact them for a 'return code' as stated on their website ... all the code is is your original order code but written on the outside of the packaging that you return your goods in .... how pathetic! why not just put that on the website.

So .. order returned Recorded Delivery (at my own cost) I sit and wait for my refund. 
They do state on the website that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to be processed - I understand this as with the items they sell they have to check every items for wear or use, plus you can only return certain items due to hygiene etc... which is great and a good point for the company.

After nearly a month I telephoned them just to check they have received my package as I have had no contact from them - I left a message on the answerphone - no return call from them.  So I emailed and someone emailed back stating their 30 day rule - no problem.

Today I received my refund .... £29.99 ???? my original order (minus postage) was £34.98
Where has the other £4.99 gone ??

Well I have emailed (again) to ask why I have been shortchanged.  After 2 lots of postage coming to around £6 in total ... why charge me a further £4.99 ?

I am not happy - which is why I am writing this blog review of the company to warn other plus-size ladies about what bad customer service I have received ..... I would have been better off shopping on eBay!

If/When I get a reply I will update this blog post (22/04/11).

The moral to my post is - DO NOT USE  www.curvaceousbeauties.com for your sexy pants - shop elsewhere.

11 comments:

Kenneth said...

Hello all

We were concerned to read this feedback as we have been trading online for over 7 years and to our knowledge this is the first negative feedback we have heard to be honest.

Due to the nature of stockings and some other items e.g. knickers etc we cannot receive them back if they have been tried on. The stockings appear to have been opened and as such we cannot risk receiving these back as I am sure you will agree, no-one would want to receive tried on inimate items! And under our terms we will not refund in such cases.

If you are worried you can of course contact us, we are here to help, and if you do not agree with our strict returns policy which protects you then we are sorry but your safety and health is our priority. As to comments regarding our return's policy authorisations, Anna, we have taken on board your comments and those of our other loyal customers and acted upon your feedback. You can now return items within 14 days with no authorisation needed, however, we shall still be strict about the state items are returned in.

For the record we don't make our own goods we buy what we feel are quality items which we sell at great prices and work on the feedback of our customers as to carry on re-stocking so writing comments on forums is helpful to others but comments made directly to us are acted upon accordingly.

As we say if anyone is worried feel free to contact one of our friendly team!

Kenneth CB Lingerie

Anna said...

Thank you for your comment Keith, however, I did not open the stockings pack - I had no need to.

But I do appreciate your comment on my blog and the feedback you have given.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog Anna, I too am having problems with Curvaceous Beauties.
I ordered a bra from them which they dispatched on 13th July.
I too found it to be of poor quality and it would not fit.
Like you, I thought I would need a code to send the item back so I e.mailed them 3 times only to receive a snotty e.mail back telling me that they had e.mailed me 3 times (they hadn't!) and to look at their returns policy. No help or advice was offered!whinizin
I sent the bra back and according to Royal Mail they received it on 25th July, well within the 14 day return period.
It is now 16th Aug and I still haven't received a refund!
I sent an e.mail yesterday asking where my refund was and got one back saying to read thier refunds policy.
I paid them with my debit card so I haven't even got the assurance that paypal give.
I have looked at all of their web pages but have found no reason for not getting my refund (not even anything stating it can take up to 30 days!)and have sent 3 more e.mails which they now appear to be ignoring!
I have also tried ringing them but it just rings, there's no answerphone.
Their customer care leaves a lot to be desired and I too advise that people look elswhere!

Dee

Anna said...

Sorry to hear you are also having problems, I was beginning to think that it was just me that they conned .
I hope you get the problem sorted, I hope you are not too much out of pocket too.

Keep trying to contact them, I did get a refund eventually just not the whole amount. Even after this blog post they never paid up.

Thank you for helping to spread the word about this terrible company.

Anna
x

Anonymous said...

They've finally refunded my money!
Will never deal with them again!

Dee

Anna said...

Fantastic news !!
Anna
x

Kris said...

Oh lord NO NO NO!! I placed an order with a store called Retro Lingerie and when I paid via paypal noticed that the recipient was actually Curvaceous Beauties. This immediately rang alarm bells as online stores which are the same company running under different names always raise my suspicion unless they make it VERY clear that they are twin stores. At a glance there is nothing to link these stores together other than Paypal Email addresses.

My heart has sank reading this as I came to Retro Lingerie in a desperate bid to buy items for an upcoming pin up shoot which is literally around the corner AND I had been messed around terribly by a previous store for the same items who eventually was unable to produce them due to them being out of stock and them not being on the ball and leaving me hanging for weeks. If its happened again I am just going to cry!

I sent them an Email with my payment saying I needed these items URGENTLY and really expected them to come this week, which is a reasonable expectation when you are ordering supposedly in stock items within the UK. I've been phoning for days and just getting an answering machine over and over. I have tried Emailing and have everything crossed for a reply but am very nervous having read all this. This store claims to be a family business and tries to placate you with the fact you don't have to deal with a big call centre. Give me a call centre ANY DAY thank you. At least you don't get left hanging chewing on your nails wondering if you've been done like a kipper!

Grrrr If this company is a con I really am going to go out of my way to let others know so I hope to heck they read this and just get my order out to be ASAP or contact me. Why do companies operate like this? Its both infuriating and heartbreaking for customers! A happy customer will tell 5 people about their experience but an unhappy customer will tell 15!!!

Typically, how long did everyone have to wait from this store and did anyone get palmed off with items being unavailable or out of stock? Many thanks!

Kris said...

Oh crap. Another bad sign. I have found yet ANOTHER store with a different name run by these people, same clothing and everything so they don't even have an excuse for this one:
http://www.vintaga.co.uk

All the hallmarks of a dodgy dealer. At least I paid via paypal so I do have some recourse but that doesn't help me as I am out of an entire set of lingerie I was meant to have for a photo shoot. May have to contact the better business bureau if I don't hear anything by the end of this week. Gutted!!!!!

Kris said...

Its just getting worse with this god awful company. I put a pleadng message on their facebook for them to contact me and not only did they ignore it but they posted an advert for a new item in their catalogue above it on Facebook. Talk about lack of customer care, this is appalling. It looks like I may be dealing with full on knockers here. Not happy!

kris said...

OMG, finally a response on their facebook. Despite having the same phone number as a store called Retro Lingerie UK, and all their contact details including website and Email address coming up in my Paypal receipt they are denying knowledge of my order and claiming I must have gone through "another store." This is a nightmare. KNOCKERS! Or at the very least unspeakably disorganised idiots. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Anna said...

Oh No Kris !! I hope you get it sorted and thank you for posting about your troubles on the blog.
Hopefully others will see your comments and will avoid both companies.

Please let me know how you got on, I never heard from them again ... I never did get my £5 back! However putting this about them for all to see if worth my £5 if it can help others.

Good luck and I hope your goods arrive... and fit perfectly too :)

Anna
x